School Social Worker
Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators and support staff who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please use the link above or use the application form at the bottom of the page. Be sure to include all required documents. We look forward to reviewing your application!
School Social Worker
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
Reimagine Education, LLC is seeking an innovative School Social Worker that will utilize leadership, advocacy and collaboration to promote students success, provide preventative services and respond to identified student needs by participating in a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career and personal/social development for all students. The social worker will consult and collaborate effectively with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, and other educational/community resources regarding students with identified concerns and needs. The social worker will work within the special education department to implement school social work goals for students with individualized education plans and collaborate with the special education team.
● Current Social Worker License issued by the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
● Must Meet Highly Qualified Standards under ESSA
● Experience in a school setting
● Strong knowledge of a wide range of psychiatric disorders
● Experience in facilitating the IEP process
● Must develop genuine and positive relationships with students
● Experience with integrating technology into the learning process
● Ability to maximize technology for effective communication with students, staff, and parents
● Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in an effective manner ● Works well with a team
● Very strong customer service skills and strong communicator
● Maintain a positive “can do” attitude
● Face challenges with the focus on creating a better educational model for our students
● Be a self-starter and an independent thinker
● Technological skills, computer knowledge and ability to rapidly adapt to new technology (Chrome, Google, etc.).
● Support the Special Education team and Social Emotional Support team where necessary
● Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments, write and implement corresponding
● Behavior Support Plans through the special education process and individualized education plans.
● Collaborate with the special education team for each student on social work caseload.
● Maintain accurate, timely, and confidential records
● Provide age related interventions and experiences fostering students’ academic, personal, social, and life planning skills
● Provide individual and small group support to students in areas such as executive functioning and dealing effectively with interpersonal relationships
● Operate within the context of the total school environment providing consultation services; including appropriate materials and resources to teachers
● Provide information, referral, and follow-up for parents and students to appropriate community agencies and resources
● Must be able to travel to lab sites
● Communicate with school administrators, and parents using video, email, text messaging, and phone
● Assist students in developing social emotional skills that are effective to online learning
● Carry out other duties and obligations that are determined to facilitate the school’s mission, goals, standards, and Education Program
● Support the Student First-customer service module adopted by Reimagine Education & Michigan International Prep School and ensure all staff are supporting this initiative.
● Employee must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations
● Employee must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
● Employee must be able to lift 25lbs
● Employee must be able to sit in chair for long intervals
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of above qualifications.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● 401(k) (Reimagine Education, LLC does not participate in the state retirement system)
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!