Elementary Reading Interventionist
Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators and support staff who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please use the link above or use the application form at the bottom of the page. Be sure to include all required documents. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Elementary Reading Interventionist
Commensurate with experience
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
Reimagine Education, LLC is seeking an Elementary Reading Interventionist who will play a critical role in supporting elementary students and parents enrolled in Michigan International Prep School. This position has two primary responsibilities. First, to provide small group and individual support for students who have been identified as struggling with reading. Second, assist mentors and teachers with re-engaging and providing support for students who have fallen behind in their academic progress. This includes, but is not limited to, following all state and school policies and procedures pertaining to curriculum, instruction, and assessment; striving for accuracy and maintaining confidentiality; use of positive presuppositions when effectively collaborating with parents and staff; managing multiple tasks everyday in a digital environment, and maintaining documentation. The position requires a keen attention to detail, the use of a variety of complex computer skills, the regular use of critical thinking skills, and strong organization skills for a complex and ever-changing environment.
● Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with ZC, ZE, or ZG Endorsement
● BR endorsement preferred
● Master of Arts in Reading preferred
● 3-5 years experience as a reading interventions preferred
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to manage multiple tasks in an effective manner
● Customer service oriented
● Personable and positive attitude
● Passion for helping families and students succeed
● Ability to develop and maintain a positive, productive rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
● High intrapersonal and interpersonal qualities that foster effective collaboration skills
● Ability to maintain endurance while facing challenges and solving problems
● Consistency with being self-motivated, self-directed and critical thinker
● Deep understanding of child development
● Ability to analyze and unpack state standards
● Ability to analyze and assess the quality of curriculum
● Ability to plan and evaluate strategies for improving instruction
● Ability to develop effective lesson plans for use in a virtual setting
● Possess a knowledge and ability to use a balanced assessment system
● Ability to learn, navigate, and use various software including video-based communication platforms
● Ability to quickly adapt to and use new technology
● Ability to be innovative, take reasonable risks for improvement
● Ability to handle times of uncertainty when needed
● Preferred experience teaching in a virtual setting
● Preferred curriculum development/writing experience
● Develop and maintain a positive, productive rapport with parents/guardians, students, and all MIPS staff that leads to trusting relationships.
● Effectively communicate with school administrators, teachers, other MIPS staff, parents and students using email, text messaging, phone, and video calls.
● Effectively and consistently collaborate with MIPS staff and the families being served to improve overall academic achievement
● Lead and assist teachers in the screening and diagnosis of students’ literacy knowledge and skills
● Analyze and use screening and diagnostic data to effectively implement individualized academic interventions and other plans
● Provide individual and small group instruction online
● Assist with implementing the MIPS Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
● Collaborate with Special Education staff to effectively help students meet IEP goals
● Collaborate with ELL staff to incorporate appropriate strategies into small group reading support sessions for those students identified as eligible for ELL services.
● Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Michigan K-12 Standards for English language Arts
● Design and implement lesson plans that include interactive, purposeful assignments and activities according to students needs
● Constantly monitor student academic performance to help them stay on track and successfully complete all courses on time
● Appropriately modify curriculum, activities, and assignments when needed to meet individual student needs
● Collaborate with instructional staff, Student Support Team (SST) and Special Education Department staff to assist in assessing and/or identifying students who require Tier II and III interventions.
● Implements academic interventions using research-based methodology in literacy
● Establish, maintain, and clearly communicate expectations and guidelines
● Meet with parents, guardians, and home coaches to identify potential obstacles to improved achievement
● Maintain a detailed historical record of communication and meetings with students, parents, guardians, and home coaches
● Maintain a variety of confidential and non-confidential digital files and records
● Proctor testing online and in person when needed
● Assist with onboarding parents and students to learning in a virtual setting
● Be informed of all policies and procedures
● Carry out other duties and obligations as assigned to facilitate the school’s mission, goals, standards, and education program
● Teacher must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations
● Teacher must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
● Teacher must be able to lift 25lbs able to sit in chair for long intervals
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of above qualifications.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!