Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators and support staff who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please use the link above or use the application form at the bottom of the page. Be sure to include all required documents. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
Reimagine Education, LLC is seeking an innovative Mentor who will play a critical role in the Michigan International Prep School. This position has the primary responsibility of building relationships. This person will have the ability to work well with other teachers, staff, students, and parents while handling multiple tasks. The successful candidate will be comfortable with productive change and embrace the opportunity to be part of a team reshaping the way students engage in and demonstrate learning. This position will report directly to the Director of Mentors.
● Bachelor's degree or higher.
● Work and Collaborate to make everyone around you better including staff and students.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in an effective manner
● Works well with a team
● Very strong customer service skills and strong communicator
● Maintain a positive “can do” attitude
● Face challenges with students and have the mindset that every student is different and their education should be personalized to them. No student will slip through the cracks
● Build a village around the students and families
● Be a self-starter and an independent thinker
● Technological skills, computer knowledge, and ability to rapidly adapt to new technology (Chrome, Google, and etc.)
● Mentor for Wellspring Academy recovery school
● Attend monthly parent meetings after hours
● Be on site 5 days a week
● Attend all monthly field trips and help coordinate them
● Work with the recovery coach in supporting the student in their long term success
● Plan a daily activity for students break time
● Implement and establish all safety procedures for check in and check out at facility
● Responsible for building a relationship and personal connection with students and parents
● Set weekly, monthly and yearly goals that are both academic and non-academic with students and track them daily to ensure success
● Provide progress reports weekly to students and parents
● Help students to build soft skills including communication, time management, goal setting, good habits, and self-reflection
● Keep detailed records and notes of communication with students and families
● Conduct student orientations and clearly communicates expectations of being a MIP’s Student
● Connect students with teachers, administrators, and staff as needed.
● Develop and maintain students’ Educational Development Plan (EDP)
● Help students find their “Pathway” and electives that help them develop towards their future plan
● Be part of the team for IEP’s and 504’s, work with Special Education Teachers to ensure students are getting their educational needs met
● Build rapport with students’ parents to help them be part of the “Village” for the student
● Assist with student registration and enrollment
● Activate classes in the learning platform based on student schedule and maintain target/end dates
● Create and update google classroom to keep students informed and engaged
● Attend all required meetings including Professional Development and staff meetings
● Help students find their “Why” and what comes after school
● Know your students and be an advocate for them
● A pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff, and parents.
● Carry out other duties and obligations that are determined to facilitate the school’s mission, goals, standards, and Education Program
● Mentor must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations
● Mentor must be able to work from a designated Learning Lab as scheduled
● Mentor must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
● Mentor must be able to lift 25lbs
● Mentor must be able to move throughout the Learning Lab
● Mentor must be able to sit in chair for long intervals
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of above qualifications.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!