Director of Finance
Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators and support staff who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please use the link above or use the application form at the bottom of the page. Be sure to include all required documents. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Director of Finance
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
Reimagine Education, LLC is seeking an innovative Director of Finance who will provide leadership and vision around annual budgeting, finance, accounts payable/receivable, financial analysis, internal/external reporting, accounting, forecasting, and payroll.
● Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field required.
● Certified Public Accountant license, preferred.
● MSBO CFO Certification or Master's degree preferred.
● Knowledgeable about federal/state regulations, Michigan Department of Education Chart of Accounts (Bulletin 1022), K-12 governmental accounting policies, practices, trends, and critical information that affect school districts
● Ability to work effectively with various employee groups, administration, staff, students, parents, community, and the Board of Education
● Possess excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
● Previous public school experience (charters preferred).
● Experience working on finances for multiple entities/schools simultaneously.
● Experience with financial compliance, reporting, accounting.
● Demonstrate ability to plan annual budgets.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in an effective manner.
● Very strong customer service skills and a strong communicator.
● Be a self-starter and an independent thinker.
● Technological skills, computer knowledge and ability to rapidly adapt to new technology (Chrome, Google, and etc.).
● Supervises the financial affairs of the district, including the handling of all funds, accounting and reporting procedures and long-range planning.
● Administers an effective program for accounting of all State and Federal Programs including all state and federal reporting.
● Responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing processes necessary to meet the strategic financial and operational goals and objectives.
● Strategic planning and execution, budgeting, purchasing, risk management, accounting, and reporting
● Review and process employee reimbursements.
● Provide financial forecasting
● Present financials at monthly school board meetings
● Cash management oversight and custodian of all District bank accounts
● Budgeting process, including annual budget development, midyear revisions and long range financial forecasting, and reporting.
● Handle FID reporting.
● Provides necessary financial data in a timely manner when requested.
● Ability to plan and monitor an accounting control system.
● Develops fiscal year estimates of revenue and expenses for operating the school system as recommended by the Superintendent for the Board approval.
● Ability to provide accounting services essential to the preparation, administration, supervision, and control of the budget.
● Prepare and analyze all financial statements.
● Administers accounts payable and receivable.
● Processes payroll.
● Arranges for audits of all accounts and records annually.
● Prepares year-end pre-audit journal entries for all funds.
● Responsible for cash flow monitoring and cash management.
● Supervises and maintains all district insurance programs.
● Prepares annual budgets.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
● Employee must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations.
● Employee must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time.
● Employee must be able to lift 25lbs.
● Employee must be able to sit in a chair for long intervals.
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of above qualifications.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!