Academic Success Coach Assigned to Total Hockey Package
Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators and support staff who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please use the link above or use the application form at the bottom of the page. Be sure to include all required documents. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Academic Success Coach
Total Hockey Package Center of Excellence, Byron Center, Michigan
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
Reimagine Education, LLC is seeking an innovative Academic Success Coach who will play a critical role in the Michigan International Prep School. This position has primary responsibilities of building relationships with our Total Package Hockey students and parents. This person will have the ability to work well with other teachers, staff, students, and parents while handling multiply tasks. The successful candidate will be comfortable with productive change and embrace the opportunity to be part of a team reshaping the way students engage in and demonstrate learning. This position will report directly to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
● Bachelors Degree or higher (Meeting Highly Qualified Status)
● Experience with substitute teaching and/or tutoring
● Experience with online school platforms
● Familiarity with the lifestyle of elite athletes, specifically with student athletes that play hockey
● Background as a former athlete (preferred)
● Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in an effective manner ● Works well with a team
● Effective in managing multiple students of varying ages and academic abilities
● Very strong customer service skills and strong communicator
● Maintain a positive “can do” attitude
● Face challenges with students and have mindset that every student is different and their education should be personalized to them. No student will slip through the cracks
● A pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff, and parents.
● Build a village around the students and families
● Be a self-starter and an independent thinker
● Technological skills, computer knowledge and ability to rapidly adapt to new technology (Chrome, Google, and etc)
● Academic Success Coach creates a welcoming environment within the Center of Excellence fostering personalized learning, respect, and communication among students, teachers, caretakers, coaches, school administration and themselves.
Director of Academics assists students with their coursework by:
● Encouraging communication between the student and his/her teachers (both in-person and virtually)
● Assist with study strategies and time management techniques Encouraging and directing students to use live and online
resources when support is needed,
● Assist with course work as appropriate, and
● Keeping an emotionally safe and motivating environment
● Displays understanding of student differences and applies this knowledge to coordinate the necessary support among the staff.
● Monitors students’ academic performance in courses and verifies completion of lessons and assessments
● Maintains regular communication with students’ teachers,
● Information related to student performance, attitude, and other observations is shared with teachers in a collaborative and timely manner
● Familiarize with school’s escalation policy and ensures students understand all requirements (e.g., attendance, participation)
● Coordinates meetings between teachers, caretakers and school administration, as needed, to discuss students who are in escalation, set goals and establish a timeline for improvement ● Help students to build soft skills including communication, time management, goal setting, good habits, and self-reflection ● Keep detailed records and notes of communication with students and families
● Conduct student orientations and clearly communicates expectations of being a MIP’s Student
● Develop and maintain students’ Educational Development Plan (EDP)
● Help students find their “Pathway” and electives that help them develop towards their future plan
● Be part of the team for IEP’s and 504’s, work with Special Education Teachers to ensure students are getting their educational needs met
● Build rapport with students’ parents to help them be part of the “Village” for the student
● Attend all required meetings including Professional Development and staff meetings
● Know your students and be an advocate for them
● Carry out other duties and obligations that are determined to facilitate the school’s mission, goals, standards, and Education Program
● Employee must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations
● Employee must be able to work from a designated Learning Lab as scheduled
● Employee must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
● Employee must be able to lift 25lbs
● Employee must be able to move throughout the Learning Lab
● Employee must be able to sit in chair for long intervals
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of above qualifications.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!